What is TopFeed?
TopFeed is a simple way for people on PEI to easily find locally sourced food year-round and conveniently order online.
We also develop online tools for farmers and producers to help reach new customers, so if you'd like to sell your food or other locally made products, join us to have your products listed on our website. Just reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What is a local food bundle? Where does the food come from?
Our local food bundles allow you to support local farmers, artisan producers, and reduce food miles. The average meal in Canada has to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles before it hits the dinner plate. By ordering food close to home, you're eliminating a ton of waste as well as supporting your local economy.
All the food we offer is grown or made by Island-owned farms and local producers to bring you the freshest food possible, often harvested or made within a day of you getting your order!
We update our online menu each week for you to order the food of your choice at your own pace. We send your orders to our partner producers, pick it up, pack it up, and get it ready for you.
Orders can be picked up on Thursdays from 4-7pm at the PEI Farm Centre on University Avenue.
What's on the order menu? How much does it cost?
The order menu is updated on a weekly basis - see below for our complete list and prices to date. Prices are based on standard farmers' market prices and all are subject to change.
- Many of our prepared goods are available year-round, such as:
- Free Range Eggs - MacAdam Farm - $4.99/dozen
- Organic Bread - Breadworks - $3.99-5.99/loaf
- Honey - MacAdam Farm - $6.99/jar
- Fresh Ground Coffee - Receiver - $15.29-19.99/340g bag (depends on variety)
- Chocolate - Nurturing Essence - Price varies depending on the product
- And more to be announced!
As for fruit and vegetables, availability changes throughout the year as crops fall in and out of their harvest season:
- Fruit (based on standard farmers' market prices)
- Apples - $0.99-$1.99/lb. (depends on variety/quantity)
- Canteloupe - $4.99
- Blueberries: High Bush and Wild - $4.99/pint
- Raspberries - $4.99/pint
- Strawberries - $3.99/quart
- Watermelon (that's right, grown on PEI!): Mini and Large - $4.99-$6.99 (depends on size)
- Vegetables (based on standard farmers' market prices)
- Yellow and Green Beans - $3.99/lb.
- Baking Beans - $4.99/lb.
- Beets - $3.99/2 lb.
- Beet Greens - $2.99/bag
- Broccoli - $3.99
- Brussels Sprouts - $4.99/lb.
- Cabbage: Green and Red - $3.49
- Carrots: Orange, Purple, and Rainbow - $3.99/2 lb.
- Cauliflower - $3.99
- Cherry Tomatoes - $3.99/pint
- Corn - $3.99/half dozen, $6.99/dozen
- Cucumber: English and Field - $1.99-2.99
- Dill - $2.99/bunch
- Eggplant - $3.99
- Garlic - $1.99
- Ground Cherries - $4.99/pint
- Kale - $2.99/6 oz.
- Leeks - $3.99/bunch
- Head Lettuce - $3.99
- Micro-greens: Sunflower, Pea, Radish, Broccoli, Mixes - $3.99/4 oz
- Mixed Greens - $3.99/6 oz.
- Onions: Yellow and Red - $3.99/2 lb.
- Peppers: Green and Red - $1.99-2.99
- Peas - Snap and Snow - $4.99/lb.
- Potatoes: Yellow, Red, and Blue - $3.99/2 lb.
- Pumpkins: Pie and Jack-O-Lantern - $2.99-4.99
- Radishes - $2.49/bunch
- Rutabaga: Small and Large - $2.99-3.99
- Spinach - $3.99/4 oz.
- Swiss Chard - $3.99/bunch
- Tomatoes - $3.99/lb.
- Turnip - $2.99/2 lb.
- Winter Squash: Butternut, Spaghetti, Buttercup, Acorn - $2.99-4.99
- Zucchini: Green and Yellow - $1.99
What happens if I go out of town or on vacation?
No problem! Skipping weeks is completely free of charge and hassle-free, with zero food waste. You'll be able to pick up where you left off when you get back. Your account is only ever charged for what you order.
When do I order and when do I get it?
- Submit your order by Monday at midnight each week to get it that Thursday 4-7pm or Saturday 9am-12pm. We send out an email each week when the updated order menu goes live.
- Our pickup location is open Thursday 4-7pm at the PEI Farm Centre, 420 University Avenue in Charlottetown. Saturday pickup location to be announced.
TopFeed.ca is a one-stop shop for the best local food on PEI, and you get to skip the grocery store lines. Convenience and sustainability are at the core of our mission, so we strive make it simple for you to access great food and support local producers from the comfort of your home.